We all know that your behavior affects your personality . This is what forces a shy person not to speak much when he meets new people. We all meet infinite beings in our life cycle but we cannot be comfortable with everyone around us, on the contrary with some we connect in the first meeting.
We make friends with people of different dispositions. There are times when we wonder why certain people react to different situations in a particular manner. The reason is simple we all have different personalities that are shaped by our experiences and our environment.
Greeks, who propagate one of the oldest and most effective medicine science, have attempted to categorize the types of personalities in our environment; however, the majority of people have mixed temperaments. They are categorized into:
Each of these four temperaments can be recognized by certain basic traits of physique, physiology, digestion and metabolism, personality and character of a person. The predominance of any one is said to affect one’s appearance and behavior. This study of different personalities would help you to judge the behavior of personalities around you and analyze their behavior.
Personality: Exuberant, enthusiastic, outgoing. Optimistic, confident, poised, graceful. Expansive, generous. Romantically inclined; loves beauty, aesthetics, the arts. Sensual, indulgent nature. Sociable, gregarious, lighthearted, cheerful.
- A sanguine speaks at a full volume, hastily but distinctively, their speech is accompanied by different gestures and facial expressions.
- The feelings of affection, Warmth, hostility, joy and sadness occur quickly but they are not strong.
- They are interested and fascinated with new things.
- They quickly move from one activity to another.
- They have fortitude and endurance.
- They perform every task with keenness and interest.
- They are open to communicate with others easily.
- They control their emotions and feelings in stressful situations.
- They effortlessly go through up and downs.
- They easily adapt and adjust to different life circumstances.
- Sanguine are able to reasonably defend themselves and, at the same time, they try to normalize the situation.
- The humor is variable, but good mood prevails.
- They fall asleep and wake up quickly.
- They are determined in achieving goals.
- They are good organizers.
- If sanguine are not interested in what they do, they will stop doing it.
- Sanguine people do not like repetitive work, it becomes monotonous for them.
- They tend to overrate themselves and their capabilities.
- They are unstable in interests and hobbies.
- Hasty decisions.
- Unstable mood.
- It is difficult to cultivate volitional qualities.
- In order to achieve success, sanguine people should be motivated time and again.
The type of the nervous system is unrestrainable, strong, unbalanced, and mobile.
Personality: Prone to anger, impatience, irritability; short temper. Bold, courageous, audacious; confrontive, contentious. Dramatic, bombastic manner; high powered personality. The rugged individualist and pioneer; thrives on challenge. The fearless leader. Seeks exhilaration, intense experiences. Prone to extremism, fanaticism.
- This type is characterized by insistence, willpower, inventiveness, and straightforwardness.
- They are mobile and fast.
- They work with enthusiasm, overcoming obstacles.
- They are usually shifty in disputes.
- They are not indignant.
- They have an expressive mimicry.
- Their speech is lively and emotional.
- Choleric can make decisions quickly.
- They are open to new thoughts, ideas and information.
- They fall asleep and wake up fast, sleep tight.
- Feelings appear fast and they are well expressed.
- They are swift and hasty.
- Choleric temperament is characterized by sharp, jerky movements, restlessness, instability, bad temper.
- They are intolerant.
- They may be sharp and straightforward in everyday contact.
- They may inflame conflicts.
- They are stubborn and cranky.
- Sometimes they don’t want to understand the essence of the problem.
- They tend to be risky.
- Speech is rapid and sometimes incompatible.
- They are irascible.
- Mood swings and breakdowns are common.
- They are sensitive.
- Choleric people should learn to control themselves, not to be arrogant.
The type of the nervous system is inert, strong, balanced, and sedentary.
General Traits: Practical, pragmatic, realistic. Efficient, reliable, dependable. A reflective, stoic, philosophical bent. Excessive attachment to status quo. Can be nervous, high strung. economical austere; can be too attached to material possessions. Serious, reluctant to gambling, risk taking. Can be moody, depressed, withdrawn. Can easily get stuck in a rut.
- This temperament is peaceful, careful, patient and diligent.
- Phlegmatic show sequence and circumstances at work, thus they finish all their tasks.
- Phlegmatic people are constant in achieving their goals.
- Speech is quiet, with pauses, without expressive emotions, gestures, and facial expressions.
- They are cold.
- They are able to perform monotonous hard work.
- They do not waste their strengths in vain.
- They are systematic and methodical in work.
- Phlegmatic prefer routine to muddled and rough life.
- This type is able to control emotions and feelings.
- They are not malicious.
- They are stable in relationships and interests, often monogamous.
- They do not like pandemonium and mess.
- They are not led by feelings.
- They get along with people of other temperaments.
- Good memory.
- They are reliable and trustworthy.
- Feelings are strong but they are hidden from others.
- They do not pay attention to approval or disapproval.
- They cannot respond promptly to new situations.
- They hide their emotions and feelings.
- Facial expressions and movements are slow and expressionless.
- They slowly move from one task to another.
- They adapt to new environment with great effort and do not want to get acquainted with new people.
- There are many stereotypes and templates in their life.
- They are not devious.
It is important for a phlegmatic personality to develop qualities such as mobility and activity. Sluggishness and lethargy should be suppressed.
This type of the nervous system is weak, unbalanced, and immobile.
General Traits:Good nature, benevolent, kind, nurturing, compassionate, sympathetic, charitable. They have great faith, patience, and devotion; tends to be religious, spiritual. Sensitive, sentimental, emotional, empathetic. Passive, slow, sluggish; reluctant to exertion or exercise. Calm, relaxed, takes life easy. Extremely sluggishness, indolence can lead to depression.
- This type is characterized by increased sensitivity.
- They are able to accept approval and disapproval.
- High demands on oneself and other people.
- They feel others.
- They are reserved and tactful.
- Emotions and feelings are strong and robust.
- In a proverbial and peaceful atmosphere people with this temperament type feel comfortable and work very efficiently.
- Emotional sensitivity.
- Melancholic hide their emotions.
- They do not share their thoughts and feelings with others.
- They cannot go through failures.
- A melancholic is very timid, sensitive, modest, hesitant, and apprehensive.
- They are often pessimistic, rarely laugh.
- They are lost in unfamiliar surroundings.
- They are not eager to communicate with new people.
- It takes time while they adapt in a new team.
- They have few close friends.
- There is a tendency of being secluded, depressed, being suspicious. They like to be disconnected and unsociable.
- Speech is weak and quiet, sometimes they whisper. They are prone to crying.
- The slightest trouble or stressful situations may lead to breakdowns.
- Melancholic is the only type of temperament distinguished by vulnerability and touchiness.
- A melancholic prefers to obey the rules and authority.
- Before important events they always experience nervousness.
- The other types can deal with some problems while a melancholic is not able to overcome an obstacle. In such moments, they need sympathy and support of their loved ones and friends.
- It is necessary to be more active, engaged in organizational activity and mentoring in order to feel one’s significance and improve self-esteem. Regular workout is helpful and effective.