Martyrs’ Day a celebration on the memory of our soldiers to salute their martyrdom. These soldiers have fought for us saved us faced the enemies for us and lost their valuable lives for us. This martyr’s day is followed in many countries to salute their soldiers. In India many days are declared as Martyrs day and we call it as a Sarvodhaya day or saheed din in Hindi in honor of the great people.
30th of January in remembrance of the father of our Nation Gandhiji. It was the day he was assassinated. March 23rd the day the great people Bhagat Singh,Shivaram Raj guru and Sukhdev were dead,23rd June the death of Dr.Syama Prasad Mukherjee,21st October the commerartion of Police,17th November the death of Lala Lajpat Rai,19th November the day Rani Lakshmi bai was born is celebrated as Martyrs day in honour of the great soldiers.
Martyrs day in India celebrated in remembrance of soldiers who sacrificed their lives. At this day, the President of India , the Vice President, the Prime Minister, the Defense Minister, and the service Chiefs come together to the Rajghat to the Samadhi of the Mahatma Gandhi and pay respect by putting flower garlands to the statue of the father of our nation. The Indian Army pays a honorable salute to the martyrs with due respect. A two minute silence is maintained in the memory of the great lives that were lost for us. Prayers and Bhajans are sung on their memory. Cultural activities by the school children take place.
Today being March 23rd our Prime Minister Narendra Modi paid respect to Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru .These soldiers are the leaders and should the inspiration of this and the upcoming generation. We youth have learn the dedication bravery and love for the nation from them.
1. Bhagat Singh
- He was born in Kanpur and a person who never wished to marry any one other than his death.
- Along with Sukhdev he planned to take a revenge for the death of Lala Lajpat Rai and decided to kill the Superintendent of Police James Scott in Lahore but mistakenly shot John Saunders who was the Assistant Superintendent of Police.
- When he was arrested and case came to trial he used it as an opportunity to put forward his thoughts of Indian freedom in front of the officials.
- He underwent hunger strikes when he was in jail and finally he was sentenced to death.
- He was only 23 years when he faced death but he faced it happily and has been an inspiration to many to join the freedom movement..
- Sukhdev Thapar was an active member of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association.
- He organized revolutionary cells in Punjab and other areas of North India.
- He educated the youth and greatly inspired them about India’s glorious past.
- Sukhdev took part in many hunger strikes
- His daring presence in the Lahore Conspiracy Case actually shook the foundation of the British Government.
- Sukhdev was the accomplice of Bhagat Singh and Shivaram Rajguru, who were involved in the assassination of Deputy Superintendent of Police, J.P. Saunders in 1928,
- He was arrested and convicted of crime and faced the death sentence.
5. Shivaram Rajaguru
- He was a member of the Hindustan Socialist Republican Association
- He took part in many National revolutions
- He had a fearless spirit and courage
- He was also together with Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev in the assassination of J.P.Saunders and he was arrested and lost his life for the Nation at the age of 23.
Not only these leaders each and every soldier in the army are fighting for us and saving us throughout the year. Hundreds and thousands of soldiers are losing their lives leaving behind pain for their loved ones just because of the love they have for their nation. Its not enough only if we remember them this day, they and their sacrifice should be an inspiration to us. we all together should save our nation it can be done by doing simple things like conservation of the sources of our Nation, Paying due respect to the nation and its citizens, avoid Violence, being true to ourselves , be against corruption and many such things. Each and every citizen of India is a soldier, it doesn’t mean that we should serve the Nation by being in an Army we should fight each day not only to save ourselves but our Nation too. A great salute to the Martyrs and lets that a oath that we will never let our Nation down and we will follow their foot steps .Jai Hind.