1. See-through register, with denominational numeral 2000, can be seen when you hold the note against the light.
2. Latent image, with denominational numeral 2000, seen when you hold the note at 45 degree angle at the eye level.
3. Denominational numeral 2000 in Devnagari script.
4. As usual, there is a Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi in the center.
5. Micro letters ‘RBI’ and ‘2000’.
6. Colour-shift windowed security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’, RBI and 2000. Colour of the thread changes from green to blue when you tilt the note.
7. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right.
8. Watermarks of Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (2000).
9. Number panel, with numerals growing from small to big size, is printed on the top left side and bottom right side.
10. Denominational numeral with Rupee Symbol ₹2000, in colour changing ink (green to blue).
11. The Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right side of the note.
12. Small horizontal rectangle with ₹2000 in raised print, above the Ashoka Pillar emblem.
13. Seven angular bleed lines, both on the left and right side, in raised print.
14. You will find ‘2016’ as the Year of Printing on the reverse of the note.
15. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan, at the bottom left.
16. The language panel is towards the center.
17. Also on the reverse is the Motif of Mangalyaan, depicting India’s first venture into the interplanetary space.